You will be logged off in  seconds due to inactivity and risk losing your quote. Click here to continue using this web page.

Why you should consider Personal Accident Insurance

Rhino Trade Insurance 30 December 2022

The team at Rhino Trade Insurance is back with another post to help you stay protected. As a tradesperson, have you considered your situation if you lost your income due to an injury? 

Personal Accident Insurance is there for those fateful days when you are injured on the job or even in your spare time. Take out a policy like this and protect your salary if you can't work. 

Personal Accident Insurance: what is it?

Personal Accident Insurance is a valuable category of insurance that covers you if your job causes you to get hurt or die whilst doing a task. Potential dangers and risks mar your working life as a tradesman or woman, and if something goes wrong, you may lose out on pay if you can't work.

Rhino's Personal Accident insurance helps in this situation. Any tradesperson with this cover will receive a lump sum of compensation as a result, according to their level of liability. Thus protecting you from income loss. 

Should you have any charges coming in or costs to pay out, you will not need to stress, as Rhino will have you covered.

What accidents am I covered for?

This type of insurance will cover you for a variety of accidents. The following are some of the risks that Rhino Trade Insurance covers:

  • Use of a shoulder, elbow, thumb, finger or toe
  • Burns
  • Fractures
  • Loss of speech
  • Loss of hearing
  • Loss of sight
  • Loss of limbs
  • Permanent brain damage
  • Quadriplegia
  • Paraplegia
  • Accidental death

Some of the injuries mentioned above may seem far-fetched. However, working on a construction site can put you in a tight spot with just one wrong move. That is not what we want! However, if something occurs that renders you unable to work for a predetermined period of time, we want you to be protected. Already convinced of the concept? Get a quote right away!

Which trades should consider personal accident insurance?

If you need an idea of how often tradespeople avoid injury or follow the mantra, keep calm and carry on, just ask your pals on-site! The fact that tradespeople are unaware that they can protect themselves in the event of an accident or a loss of income is even more fascinating.

Any self-employed tradesperson can take out this cover and add personal value to your business. Whether you are a bricklayer, gas engineer, plumber, painter and decorator or electrician, you can take full advantage of this protection. 

It makes perfect sense to cover yourself while working as a self-employed tradesman. You can be protected and still provide for your family in the event of an accident or injury that reduces your weekly income.

Find out everything you need about this policy right here: Personal Accident Insurance by Rhino.

How much Personal Accident Insurance can I get?

The kind of work you do and the trade you work in will determine how much Personal Accident Insurance you need. Some trades carry more danger with them than others, so you might require a more elevated level of cover. Our insurance experts will help you find the right policy if you decide to add this to your current insurance coverage. 

In the event of an accident, with Rhino Trade Insurance, you could receive a one-time payment of up to £50,000 (depending on the level of indemnity you take out). 

Is Personal Accident Insurance needed?

It's entirely up to you and your business. You could read this article and think it's a waste of time or the best thing since sliced bread. 

It's not a legal requirement, but it adds a layer of breathing space, knowing that if something goes wrong, you are covered financially should you be unable to work.

Considering your insurance options and wondering what else you could get covered for? Find out what insurance you can take out here. 

Can I deduct Personal Accident Insurance from my tax?

Unfortunately, in contrast to the more well-known cover choices: Public Liability Insurance, Employers' Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance is not eligible for a tax deduction because it is not considered a business expense.

Contact Rhino Trade Insurance for a quick quote.

Whatever your circumstances, consider contacting our lovely, UK-based team to talk about your Personal Accident Insurance options. 

Our experts have developed some fantastic insurance options that can be custom-fit to your specific trade. So what are you waiting for? Ring us on 0116 243 7904 or get a fast quote on our website here.

UK Background Checks for Employment: A Small Business Guide
UK Background Checks for Employment: A Small Business Guide

Rhino Trade Insurance 23 September 2023

Hiring a contractor, tradesperson or the like without the right checks could see you risk your businesses livelihood, so let’s see what checks are available. 

Read more

The Importance of Compassionate Leave for Tradespeople in the UK
The Importance of Compassionate Leave for Tradespeople in the UK

Rhino Trade Insurance 22 September 2023

In this blog post, we dive into compassionate leave, exploring its importance, benefits, legalities, and how its implementation can reshape the landscape of the trades industry.

Read more

General Liability Insurance for Self Employed Contractors
General Liability Insurance for Self Employed Contractors

Rhino Trade Insurance 21 September 2023

If you’re a self-employed contractor, then you need General Liability Insurance. It will protect your business and secure your reputation within your chosen trade – it can even help keep you on the right side of the taxman.

Read more


Our team of experts are available to talk to Mon-Fri 08.30-17.30 and Sat 10.00-14.00

online chat

Our team are online during office hours. Send a message if you have a query.


Call our team of experts during the office hours noted above.


No problem. Fill in our quick form and let us know when’s a good time for you.