What Does Legal Expenses Insurance Cover?
Up to £50,000 cover for Legal Expenses for the following:
- Employment Disputes;
- Health & Safety Prosecutions;
- Criminal Prosecution Defence;
- Property Disputes;
- Data Protection;
- Personal Injury;
- Debt Recovery;
- Restrictive Covenants; and
- Wrongful Arrest Defence.
- Up to £100 per day and maximum of £1,000 for any one claim should you be called for jury service.
For full terms and conditions, please refer to the Policy Wording.
Below are some examples that may be covered under a Legal Expenses Insurance Policy
- An employee brings a claim against you for wrongful dismissal and you are required to defend yourself at an employment tribunal.
- You become subject to criminal prosecution under Health & Safety legislation following an accident at work or need to appeal against the service of an Improvement Notice or Prohibition Notice.
- You are called to attend jury service, in which case the policy will provide cover for your loss of earnings up to £100 per day, £1,000 per claim.
- You are required to pursue or defend legal proceedings in relation to the rightful ownership or possession of property (land and/or buildings).
- You, a director or employee of your business suffers personal injury as a result of the actions of a third party and wish to pursue damages from that third party.
- A customer fails to pay your invoices and, having exhausted all reasonable efforts to recover payment yourself, you wish to commence legal proceedings to recover payment (please note that the sum in dispute must exceed £500 for cover to be provided under this section – please refer to the policy wording for details).
You also get access to our Business Support advice lines which provides unlimited access to our expert advisors for support on any tax, employment and Health & Safety or legal issues that you or your business encounter.