You will be logged off in  seconds due to inactivity and risk losing your quote. Click here to continue using this web page.

What Is Personal Accident Insurance?

Rhino Trade Insurance 21 February 2022

Here we are, back again with another helpful blog post. What’s on the agenda today? That all-important Personal Accident Insurance cover. What the heck is that we hear, you ask? Well, grab a brew and let’s explain what it is, what accidents it covers you from, why you need it and what level of cover you need.

What is personal accident insurance cover?

Personal Accident Insurance is a type of insurance that protects you if you suffer from an injury or death due to the work you are undertaking. As a tradesman, your work life is overshadowed by potential hazards and risks, and if something goes wrong, you could end up out of pocket if you can’t work. 

That’s where Rhino’s Personal Accident insurance comes in. Having this in place will pay you out a lump sum in compensation so that you are covered in the event of losing income. That means if you have bills still coming in or expenses to pay, you won’t have to worry. 

What accidents can this type of cover protect you from?

There are various accidents that this type of insurance will cover you for. Below is a list that Rhino Trade Insurance protects against:

  • Use of a shoulder, elbow, thumb, finger or toe
  • Burns
  • Fractures
  • Loss of speech
  • Loss of hearing
  • Loss of sight
  • Loss of limbs
  • Permanent brain damage
  • Permanent total disablement
  • Quadriplegia
  • Paraplegia
  • Accidental death

Now, we understand some of these above may seem a bit far-fetched. But when working on a building site, all it takes is one wrong move and you could be making a trip to A&E. We don’t want that! But we want you to be protected if something happens that deems you unable to work for a certain amount of time. Already sold on the idea? Grab a quick quote now!

Who should think about personal accident insurance?

Ask any tradesperson you know and see how many times they have been injured or avoided an injury whilst on the tools. It’s more common than you’d think. But what’s more interesting is that people working in the trades don’t know they can cover themselves in case of an accident or the event they lose their income. 

As a plumber, bricklayer, electrician, gardener, painter and decorator, gas engineer or any other trade, you are surrounded by accidents waiting to happen. On a bad day, you could be one of the unlucky ones!

As a self-employed tradesman, it makes perfect sense to cover yourself whilst at work. If an accident or injury causes you to lose your weekly income, you can be protected and still provide for your family. 

Are you wondering about Income Protection Insurance? Find out all your need to know here.

How much Personal Accident Insurance do I need?

Choosing how much Personal Accident Insurance you need will depend on the type of work you undertake and the trade you fall under. If you are more likely to be at risk (let’s imagine a decorator up on a ladder), you may need a higher level of cover. 

With Rhino Trade Insurance, you can get cover for just £7.42 a month. This can include a lump sum payout of up to £50,000 in the event of an accident. You will also find that we won’t charge you excess in the event of a claim, and you can also decide on paying in full for 12 months or on a rolling monthly payment basis. 

Is Personal Accident Insurance necessary?

The simple answer is that it is necessary but not a legal requirement. It’s like wondering whether sugar is needed in your tea - you don’t need it, but it does make it a sweeter deal! 

As we have shown above, the benefits for Personal Accident Insurance outweigh the small monthly cost and will seriously help you out if you ever need to claim. What’s more, it gives you the peace of mind you need that if you are ever injured whilst on the job, you will have financial cover to see you through the ordeal. 

Wondering what else we can insure you for? Check out what we can do here

Is Personal Accident Insurance tax deductible?

Last, but by no means least - our mate, the taxman! Sadly, unlike the more popular cover options: Public Liability Insurance, Employers’ Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance IS NOT tax-deductible as it is not seen as a business expense.

Get in touch for a quote!

With all that said and done, we at Rhino Trade Insurance are here, ready and raring to go to make sure you have the right level of cover. Whether it’s Personal Accident Insurance or anything else, our team based in Leicestershire are ready to get you sorted. 

Just give us a call on 0116 243 7904 or grab a fast quote here

A Guide to Tax Brackets For Self-Employed Tradespeople
A Guide to Tax Brackets For Self-Employed Tradespeople

Rhino Trade Insurance 11 June 2024

Rhino is here to help you wade through the tax jungle and make sense of the self-employed tax brackets for 2024.

Read more

How Tradespeople Can Ensure On-Time Payments
How Tradespeople Can Ensure On-Time Payments

Rhino Trade Insurance 10 June 2024

In this guide, we'll delve into actionable strategies for tradespeople in the UK to navigate the intricacies of payment management and secure timely transactions, empowering them to thrive in their businesses.

Read more

How to Generate Quality Leads for Tradespeople
How to Generate Quality Leads for Tradespeople

Rhino Trade Insurance 09 June 2024

Rhino Trade Insurance are here to share some invaluable tips on how to generate quality leads and keep your business thriving! 

Read more

Get an Instant Quote

Tell us your trade and get a tailored insurance quote for your business in seconds


Our team of experts are available to talk to Mon-Fri 08.30-17.30 and Sat 10.00-14.00

online chat

Online Chat

Our team are online during office hours. Send a message if you have a query.



Call our team of experts during the office hours noted above.


Not ready to talk?

No problem. Fill in our quick form and let us know when’s a good time for you.